2014

2014

Monday, February 25, 2013

{{Getting Settled In}}

We have been in Tanzania for five days now and are  getting adjusted. The older three kids slept through almost the entire night last night, while Harper was awake for a small part of it. Other than that we are trusting tonight will be the first night we all beat jet lag and get a full nights sleep. The first three nights were very hard for me to sleep at night, as worry would creep into my mind, and I am sure jet lag played a part into it as well. Both Brian and I have been praying that I would be able to sleep at night, and praise God last night I slept through almost the entire night! It felt wonderful to wake up after being in a deep sleep!


The kids had their first day of school today, which we also think will help them sleep through the night and get on a normal schedule. Soph started preschool, Emmersyn is in kindergarten, and Kayden is thrilled to have started first grade and have a class of all boys and one girl. They are attending an international school that some missionaries started here just a few months ago, Their classes are smaller and the kids have all met and love their new teachers. Lice is a big problem at the school right now, last week they even had to cancel school one day because it had gotten so out of control. So today Kayden's teacher wasn't there because she was at home being on the tail end of having lice. The girls only go a half day and Kayden stays for a full day. Kayden is also the only student there who brings his own lunch, while everyone else just eats what the school prepares, but he has done so much adjusting right now I figure that I would give him some time to adjust to that.

 

 
I have been {somewhat} learning how to cook and the other night our friends we are staying with made spaghetti and the kids all loved it! Victories like that bring such JOY to this Mommy's heart!! Food I would say is the biggest struggle with the kids. I am finding things that they like though, and working with it.
We got to see our house yesterday! There is much work to be done with it, but we see a lot of potential and are very excited to start working on it! I cannot wait to put pictures up of the before and after. The kids kept running around saying how much the loved it and were so excited to move in.

Brian got to drive for the first time since us being here today! Exciting and scary! :) You drive on the opposite side of the road here, sitting in what would be the passenger seat in the States, plus we have to learn stick, which neither Brian or I have ever driven before, I wasn't with him, but heard he did a great job. You have to be very aggressive to drive here, especially in town. It is crazy! There are cars flying everywhere, and then just random people everywhere. One of our friends here told me it is like playing a video game. Very true!

Thank you all for your prayers and kind words and emails of encouragement. They have brought such joy and encouragement to our hearts! God has been working in my heart and teaching me to trust Him in ways I have never had to before. It is good, great even, but hurts some nonetheless.
There is such joy in knowing that we are walking out the specific call God has given our family. Be encouraged if you feel like God has placed a dream or a promise into your heart that you have not yet seen come to pass. I look over the last seven years and then close my eyes and hear the sounds and smell the smells of Africa, and am reminded that my God keeps His promises. I find such joy, hope, and peace in that. We have victory in Christ! I so desire to walk in that truth daily.

4 comments:

  1. Great post! Love the encouragement. Can't wait to visit you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you describe everything so well. If there's anything we could send for the kids, please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so pretty there! Love hearing how everything is going luv u guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praises all go to God!!! So glad God has been so faithful to your family :) I'm so excited to see and hear more!!!

    ReplyDelete