2014

2014

Sunday, January 3, 2010

My fourth child ....

No, I am not pregnant. :) Brian and I were talking the other night about what we say when people ask us how we feel about moving to Africa and everything that goes with it, especially when we have never even been there. This is the only way I know how to relate it... so bear with me.
I think of Africa as my fourth baby. The similarities are crazy to having all 3 of my other babies. I carried all 3 of my babies for 9 months, and during those 9 months fell more and more in love with them every day. I have carried Africa in my heart for over 3 years now, and fall more and more in love with the people there and having our lives there every day. I was induced with all 3 of my babies, so I knew the date they would be arriving into this world and when we would meet for the first time. I know that we are leaving for Africa 3 weeks from tomorrow and I will "officially" be meeting Africa for the first time as well. Most of all though, from the moment I found out (and even before) that I was carrying each of my children, I was completely in love with them. It didn't matter if I had never held them or seen them or kissed them. I loved them with a deep love, the way only a mother can love her child. This is how I feel about Africa. I know I have never been there, and don't really know excactley what it will be like. But I do know the love that God has put in my heart for it, and I know that it is a love that only He can stir up in me. I remember the anticipation before having each child, and knowing that my life would never be the same once they got here. I feel the same way about our upcoming trip. I feel like in 3 weeks when we get there, it will be like the first time I held any of my babies right after delivery. It will just (hopefully) be natural.
We have been getting everything in order for when we leave, but still have a few things that need to be done. Please keep us in your prayers as this is a very exciting and life changing event in our lives.

1 comment:

  1. What a great analogy Mandee! I'm looking forward to reading about your trip as you blog about it!

    ReplyDelete