2014

2014

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Reality check

I cannot believe our trip is almost here. It seems surreal. It is really weird when you have been waiting for something for so long and then ... its here. As we get closer day by day, new emotions come up, and they are all extreme. Extreme excitement about going, extreme sorrow over leaving the kids for 10 days, extreme joy about seeing friends I do not get to see often, extreme anxiousness (is that a word?) about the 24 hour trip. In all honesty, I have been somewhat of a basket case lately. I am not even sure why. It is also weird to think that when we return from our trip that the next time we go will be when we move. After we come back ... it is real. We are taking our babies to a third world country to live. Some place they have never seen before, with no one they have ever met, new foods, sights and sounds. But... it is SO reassuring to know this is what He has called us to. When these fears creep up inside of me I just get alone with my Heavenly Father and let Him love me and wash away all anxiety.
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:33-34

All I can do it take my life day by day. So that is all I will do. I feel the peace of God just writing that. He is so good and so faithful, so loving. I am so ready for this trip and can't wait to see what God has in store for us there. To see with our own eyes and experience what life will be like there... just makes me smile so much. Thank you Jesus for your faithfulness always.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! Bring on the kleenex! You just put all of my thoughts/fears/emotions into words. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete