2014

2014

Thursday, March 14, 2013

{New world, same Brian}

Tonight I made my first meal on my own in Africa. Mac'n'cheese. I know, I know.... you are super impressed right?! :) Well, I was! The kids and Brian really enjoyed it, but I did not really like it. The cheddar cheese here tastes so different, a lot sharper or something. So I just fed them and didn't eat. Well, Brian was going to lock up our home {it is open during the day for the workers to come in and out} and I knew he would be right my favorite restaurant with my favorite meal here. So I asked him ever so sweetly if he would mind stopping and picking it up for me, kind of like a belated birthday present. Of course he agreed. When he walked in from locking up with my food and Coke in hand, I burst out laughing with the thought of how even though we are on the opposite side of the world from our home, some things will never change. Brian is just as amazing of a husband on this continent as he was on the last. Thanks Bri, I love you so much!


1 comment:

  1. I love reading your updates Mandee!!! :) You make me smile, all the way over here in Minnesota!

    ReplyDelete